With a nod to those infuriating ‘Notes from a Traveller’ interviews with the rich and famous that you read in airline magazines. The one below is published by ‘Tongue in Cheek Communications’
- When I travel, I always ring ahead to ensure that my sheets are 1st class Egyptian cotton. I like them to be ironed after they’ve been put on the bed as well. It makes all the difference to my sleeping pattern, whatever the time zone I’m in.
- My luggage is from Linea, the designer collection that is exclusive to The House of Fraser. I have a suit carrier and a smaller hand luggage sized case. I love the shade of black they use, it looks so good against the blue and green Travel Go strap I have to put around them so that I can identify them on the carousel.
- I love the ‘take everything off and put it in the dirty box’ experience in the security area. I think it’s so levelling that we have to perform the ritual undress. It’s like we are stripping ourselves of our burdens as we journey on together.
- If I can’t find my snake skin covered Smythson notebook, I love to staple the pages of the jotting pad that you find in all good hotels. It gives my writing such rustic charm.
- Whilst I pack the case myself, I always get my wife to put a pair of my socks in for me. I get such a thrill when asked the question ‘did you pack the case yourself’, and I reply ‘Yes’
- Fragrance is so important to me, which is why I choose the evocative aroma of Right Guard Sports Deodorant – I just couldn’t start my day without it.
- I always ask for the smallest and noisiest room in the hotel – that way, I’m never disappointed.